Wednesday, July 18, 2007

[Reading List] Protector of the Small

Protector of the Small Quartet - First Test, Page, Squire, Lady Knight - Tamora Pierce


X-posted to Your Moment of Kim.

Ok.

Tamora Pierce is da winnah.

She has soundly defeated Anne McCaffrey and J.K. Rowling in the Kim's Brain-Space Challenge, running away with the following categories:

Award for Number Of Times Read in Two Weeks - I have read each book in the quartet 3 times since Shadowspun lent them to me 13 days ago. While this doesn't top the 4 times in one week that Pegasus in Space garnered, I was not so enamored of those books that I was unable to break out and reread each of the Harry Potter series before the new one came out, as I'd half-intended to during this latest release. Speaking of which, the....

Kim Did Not Re-Read Harry Potter The Week Before The New One Comes Out This Time Award can now ONLY ever go to Ms. Pierce.

Reading the Books Out Of Order Award - Yes, I'm known to do this with several other series, but generally don't do it IMMEDIATELY after the first reading.

Late to Work Because of the Book Award - Awarded to the books Page, Squire, and Lady Knight. (I first read the other one on the weekend.) Sort of a spiked award, as this endangers my money to spend upon them.

The "Why didn't you sit me in a chair and MAKE me read it?" Award goes to Shadowspun and Ragnell.

The management would like to point out that you should Repent, for the End of the Internet Is Nigh. Feliz Potterdämmerung.

Rating - 5 Goddesses

You draw the Avatar: Tammy, Goddess of Happiness. She indicates that you should read these books.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Tamora Pierce said...

I'm blushing here. Deeply, deeply blushing.

Thank you!

Tamora Pierce
tammy212.livejournal.com

2:43 PM  
Blogger ComicBookGoddess said...

YOU'RE blushing?
Ack! Thank you!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Abigail Hilton said...

Hello, Kim!

I'm a podcast novelist, and I'm assembling voices for my dark, nautical fantasy, Guild of the Cowry Catchers, which I'd like to launch as audio drama at the end of the year. I want it to be a fully illustrated podcast, with high quality watercolor or pencil illustrations for each episode. If you're
interested, some of them are online here: http://www.fauness.com/Pirates/Pirates%20Main.htm. The pencils are mostly just teasers; only a few are rendered. The first chapter of the story was one of the winners in the Dead Robots' Society's 2008 writing contest for most compelling beginning. My current podcast (The Prophet of Panamindorah) is a young adult story set in the same mythos. Cowry Catchers is a lot grittier.

Chris Lester of Metamor City and J. Daniel Sawyer of Antithesis said they would voice characters (which filled me with *squee* :D), and they directed me to you because I need a sultry female voice for my predatory high Priestess. She is the primary villain of the story. She doesn't have a huge number of lines, but she's important when she's present. Your voice would be perfect. Are you interested?

All the best,
Abbie
www.panamindorah.com

1:20 PM  
Blogger kayerj said...

thanks for stopping by and commenting on my review of "Murder at Avedon Hill". I'm glad I found it after it was published too. I would have been singing the same song as you if I would have had to wait for a week between each chapter!

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home